Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Corn Dog Muffins

I have been trying to find a few more kid friendly recipes to add to our usual rotation. I never liked corn dogs as a kid so those never really crossed my mind. BUT then I saw a recipe for corn dog muffins and knew it would be a winner. Because I have failed miserably in every attempt at homemade cornbread, I stick with the Marie Calendar's mix from Costco. It is always perfect.

I followed the recipe for 12 muffins, adding about 3/4 of a cup of Trader Joe's frozen organic corn (thawed) to the mix.

Filling greased (or pam) muffin pans a little over 1/2 way leaves room for a few small pieces of hot dog. Today I used Applegate's organic all beef hot dogs (from Trader Joe's). I grilled them lightly on all sides in a hot pan before cutting them into small bites and adding them to the tops of the muffins.

The muffins cooked in about 20 minutes at 375 degrees.